Subject[OFFTOPIC?] Learning Linux architecture
I apologize if this question is too far off-topic but I am new to the Linux
world and would very much like to learn more about how Linux works.

I am looking for recommendations as to where I can learn more about how
Linux is constructed and how the various pieces interact. Not so much "how
to use it" but more "how it is constructed". Something reasonably easy to
read, preferably with good diagrams. Something that will give me a top-down
overview of Linux that will help me understand it better. Books, magazine
articles, web sites or whatever you can point me to would be good.

I have read many of the How-to's and played around with Linux on my system
but I would still like to get more of an in-depth understanding of what I
am working with.

I know I could read the source files but I have never been very good at
learning something complex by reading C code. I really need to know what I
am looking at first, before I can make sense of the code.

My goal is to be able to do embedded development work using Linux as the
foundation.

TIA,
Dave

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.035 / U:0.428 seconds]