    SubjectRe: [OFFTOPIC?] Learning Linux architecture

    In message <>, Dave writes:

    > I apologize if this question is too far off-topic but I am new to the Linux
    > world and would very much like to learn more about how Linux works.
    > I am looking for recommendations as to where I can learn more about how
    > Linux is constructed and how the various pieces interact. Not so much "how
    > to use it" but more "how it is constructed". Something reasonably easy to
    > read, preferably with good diagrams. Something that will give me a top-down
    > overview of Linux that will help me understand it better. Books, magazine
    > articles, web sites or whatever you can point me to would be good.

    There is a book on the Linux kernel. It is for the version 2 kernel
    but it's probably worth reading.

    The title (there may even be more than one) is ``Linux Kernel

    Actually, I'm sure there is another one but I cannot remember
    the name. I think this one is more detailed though.

    You can get more details at

    Shannon - - InfiNet?
    "People should have access to the data which you have about them.
    There should be a process for them to challenge any inaccuracies." --
    Arthur Miller

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.028 / U:7.712 seconds]