    SubjectRe: [OFFTOPIC?] Learning Linux architecture

    In message <3.0.5.32.19981229122820.01ee7920@MAIL.INAME.COM>, Dave writes:

    > I apologize if this question is too far off-topic but I am new to the Linux
    > world and would very much like to learn more about how Linux works.
    >
    > I am looking for recommendations as to where I can learn more about how
    > Linux is constructed and how the various pieces interact. Not so much "how
    > to use it" but more "how it is constructed". Something reasonably easy to
    > read, preferably with good diagrams. Something that will give me a top-down
    > overview of Linux that will help me understand it better. Books, magazine
    > articles, web sites or whatever you can point me to would be good.

    There is a book on the Linux kernel. It is for the version 2 kernel
    but it's probably worth reading.

    The title (there may even be more than one) is ``Linux Kernel
    Internals''.

    Actually, I'm sure there is another one but I cannot remember
    the name. I think this one is more detailed though.

    You can get more details at amazon.com.

    --
    Shannon - shendrix@widomaker.com - InfiNet?