    SubjectRe: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux
    On Sun, 20 Dec 1998, Pavel Machek wrote:

    > This is true if (and only if) you are in U.S. Right? In such case it
    > would probably be good idea if "patenet-breaking" code was developed
    > here in Europe... I do not know if using apps produced by european
    > people would be then legal for u.s. people, but even good apps for us
    > europeans would be good thing (tm) :-). [It would be also kicker for
    > U.S. government: if there are better programs for european people than
    > there are for U.S. people, it will hurt U.S. for sure :)]

    Great, so now I have to pick up my good software from unreliable overseas
    sites O;)

    If what you say is true, I would have no problem picking up the latest
    "unrestricted kernel patches" overseas. Nor would I have a problem
    "illegally" using it :)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.018 / U:21.412 seconds]