SubjectRe: Richard Gooch
   Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 21:22:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Mr. James W. Laferriere" <babydr@baby-dragons.com>

I myself haven't seen one of the mis-guided auto-replies in
my mailbox (yet) . So I'll ask those that did . Did the
offending auto-replies actually get sent, cc'd,... to one
of the lists ? , or were they directed to a particular
individual ?

The issue is that he cannot, by himself, unilaterally decide what is
proper content for the list. By setting up the auto-responder he is
doing in fact this, telling people what is proper content for the
list. Who gave him this right, not me, not anyone on the list,
nobody. So he shouldn't be doing this crap. I don't even do things
like that.

Doing it with automated scripts is even more offensive and
disrespectivful. If he isn't interested in truly sending the
inconvenienced or offended in some way.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.182 / U:0.148 seconds]