    SubjectRe: ext2 filesystem corruption?!?!??
    On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
    > Quite frankly, at this point, the only driver which I really trust to be
    > well implemented and whose hardware is stable is the BusLogic series of
    > drivers....

    I am working hard with Gerard to make the NCR driver robust. Part of the
    problem seems to be that Linux does not have a good mid-level SCSI
    error handling mechanism - all the error handling seems to have to be done
    at a low level directly in the scsi driver.

    Anyway, the NCR driver seems to be quite good running a striped md0 array
    of drives on our news server. And it will just get better :-)

    BTW we have a Buslogic PCI, and it's nice too, but it's not seeing
    anywhere the heavy load that our news server is.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.025 / U:37.968 seconds]