       Date: 	Wed, 9 Apr 1997 20:25:05 -0400 (EDT)
    From: Jon Lewis <>

    But there are people seeing this problem with cards other than the my news server with dual NCR 810's.

    At the Linux Expo, I talked to some SCSI developers who weren't quite
    convinced the NCR is a solid device for Linux either; that's how come
    there are two versions of the driver in the source tree. For some
    people the original NCR driver is more stable, and for other the BSD
    driver is more stable, and the NCR controller is apparently very
    sensitive to driver implementations, and different versions of the NCR
    controller are better handled by one or the other of the two drivers.

    This is hardly a situation that is calculated to make me feel
    comfortable. :-)

    Quite frankly, at this point, the only driver which I really trust to be
    well implemented and whose hardware is stable is the BusLogic series of

    - Ted

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.018 / U:31.384 seconds]