SubjectRe: ext2 filesystem corruption?!?!??
On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Jon Lewis wrote:

> > Quite frankly, do you want next Linux 2.2 only supports BusLogic scsi boards?
>
> That would be a really sad state of affairs for Linux...one supported
> brand of SCSI cards.

Quite. After all, support that's unbearably flaky if you're running a
news server may be acceptable for other people. It's always better to
have some support than none at all.

I seem to have ill luck with hardware. Neither my SCSI card (AMD PCscsi)
nor two of the Ethernet cards I have (3c505 and EtherExpress) has entirely
rock-solid drivers. It doesn't bother me overly much though - they're all
pretty much adequate for what I want to do. I can live with the fact that
the 386 under the table that runs the modem and printer gets its Ethernet
card locked up every week or so and needs the reset button prodded, and it
means I can press into service hardware that would otherwise be totally
useless.

phil

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.056 / U:0.220 seconds]