    Subjectspam - Re: $7,000 loan,No Payback Ever!!!
    Edward Welbon writes:
    > I do process subscription requests by hand and disallow accounts from
    > spam centric domains (like juno.com).

    Essentially no spam comes from juno.com itself, but a great deal of spam
    is _forged_ to look like it came from juno.com (or hotmail.com, or
    aol.com, or several other popular domains) but is sent through other
    systems. The web-based interfaces for juno.com and hotmail.com make
    spamming through them rather difficult, and those domains do have a good
    record of dealing with not just the few spammers who spam from them, but
    even the accounts of spammers who try to use juno.com or hotmail.com
    mailboxes for reply addresses.

    Rule #1 of tracing spams: Don't even bother looking at the From:
    header. These days it's always forged.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.040 / U:0.300 seconds]