Subjectspam - Re: $7,000 loan,No Payback Ever!!!
I propose that the linux-kernel mail list be setup to exclude postings
from non susbscribers. This would reduce the spam to nearly zero. The
following line placed in the majordomo config file would do the trick:

restrict_post=linux-kernel

I see no reason to be concerned that this will prevent non subscribers
from being able to post. On my mail list, many spams per day are
attempted, but for the past six months that I have implemented this policy
*all* spammings have failed (what a feeling of power 8-). I do process
subscription requests by hand and disallow accounts from spam centric
domains (like juno.com). If linux-kernel allows willy-nully subscription,
then "restrict-post" will obviously be less of an obstacle (but it should
still help).

Ed Welbon - welbon@bga.com
blessed are the spammers for their genes are inferior.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.051 / U:0.680 seconds]