    SubjectRe: spam on linux-kernel (was $7,000 etc)
    On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Adam D. Bradley wrote:

    > I suppose this flame-war has to hit the list every six months or so.

    I really did make this suggestion in good faith. It is clear that the
    spam defense I suggest is far from perfect. Despite this failing, it is
    pragmatic and in fact works well on my list. My subscribers come from
    sites with all manner of configurations yet have no operational problems
    (the subscribers opted for the policy in fact). A very valid objection is
    the extra administrative work required. On the linux lists, requiring
    subscribers to use procmail to zap list spam may be reasonable. I have no
    interest in campaigning for a policy that is conidered undesirable by so
    many others given that I can procmail the spam to /dev/null.

    Ed Welbon - welbon@bga.com
    brought to you by Linux-2.1.65 (which is the best yet)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.018 / U:30.256 seconds]