SubjectLinux 6.6-rc1
Here we are, two weeks later, and the merge window is closed.

All the stats for 6.6 look fairly normal so far - as always, the bulk
of the patch is drivers (a bit of everything, but networking and gpu
are the two biggest areas), with arch updates coming in as a notable
second, and then we have tooling and documentation.

There's obviously core kernel updates too (filesystem updates,
networking, core VM updates etc) but yeah, all the hardware support -
whether drivers or CPUs - tends to just dwarf all the core changes in
the diffstat.

And as always, there are way too many individual changes - or even
developers - to list for the merge window. We've got 12k+ commits from
1700+ individual developers, And 800+ merges to tie it all together.
All that is actually quite normal, this seems to be shaping up to be
neither a very small nor a particularly large release.

So below is just my "merge log" which gives some flavor of what got
merged, but does not delve into the details. For those, you'd have to
go to the actual git tree.

Please do give it all a whirl,

Linus

---

Adrian Glaubitz (1):
sh updates

Alex Williamson (1):
VFIO updates

Alexandre Belloni (2):
i3c updates
RTC updates

Amir Goldstein (1):
overlayfs updates

Andreas Gruenbacher (1):
gfs2 updates

Andrew Morton (4):
MM updates
non-MM updates
more MM updates
misc fixes

Anna Schumaker (1):
NFS client updates

Ard Biesheuvel (1):
EFI updates

Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo (1):
perf tools updates

Arnd Bergmann (4):
ARM SoC driver updates
ARM defconfig updates
ARM SoC cleanups
ARM devicetree updates

Bartosz Golaszewski (2):
gpio updates
gpio fix

Benjamin Tissoires (1):
HID updates

Bjorn Andersson (3):
hwspinlock updates
rpmsg updates
remoteproc updates

Bjorn Helgaas (2):
PCI updates
PCI fixes

Borislav Petkov (5):
x86 boot updates
misc x86 updates
x86 RAS updates
x86 SEV updates
x86 microcode loading updates

Casey Schaufler (1):
smack updates

Chandan Babu (1):
xfs updates

Christian Brauner (10):
mount API updates
vfs timestamp updates
libfs and tmpfs updates
misc vfs updates
superblock updates
fchmodat2 system call
autofs fixes
procfs fixes
superblock fixes
more superblock follow-on fixes

Christoph Hellwig (2):
dma-mapping updates
dma-mapping fixes

Chuck Lever (1):
nfsd updates

Corey Minyard (1):
IPMI updates

Damien Le Moal (1):
ata updates

Darrick Wong (1):
iomap updates

Dave Airlie (3):
drm updates
drm fixes
drm ci scripts

Dave Hansen (4):
x86 mm updates
x86 apic updates
x86 shadow stack support
x86 fixes

Dave Jiang (1):
nvdimm updates

Dave Kleikamp (1):
jfs updates

David Sterba (2):
affs updates
btrfs updates

David Teigland (1):
dlm updates

Dennis Zhou (1):
percpu updates

Dmitry Torokhov (1):
input updates

Eric Biggers (2):
fscrypt update
fsverity updates

Gao Xiang (1):
erofs updates

Geert Uytterhoeven (1):
m68k updates

Greg KH (6):
USB / Thunderbolt / PHY driver updates
staging driver updates
tty/serial driver updates
driver core updates
char/misc driver updates
driver symbol lookup fix

Greg Ungerer (1):
m68knommu updates

Guenter Roeck (1):
hwmon updates

Guo Ren (2):
arch/csky updates
arch/csky fix

Gustavo A (1):
flexible-array updates

Hans de Goede (1):
x86 platform driver updates

Heiko Carstens (2):
s390 updates
more s390 updates

Helge Deller (2):
parisc architecture updates
fbdev updates

Herbert Xu (2):
crypto updates
crypto fix

Huacai Chen (1):
LoongArch updates

Ilya Dryomov (1):
ceph updates

Ingo Molnar (10):
locking update
perf event updates
scheduler updates
misc x86 cleanups
scheduler fixes
CPU hotplug fix
timer fix
x86 selftest fix
x86 perf event fix
x86 fixes

Jaegeuk Kim (1):
f2fs updates

Jakub Kicinski (1):
networking updates

James Bottomley (2):
SCSI updates
more SCSI updates

Jan Kara (2):
ext2, quota, and udf updates
fsnotify update

Jarkko Sakkinen (2):
tpm updates
more tpm updates

Jason Gunthorpe (2):
iommufd updates
rdma updates

Jassi Brar (1):
mailbox updates

Jeff Layton (1):
file locking updates

Jens Axboe (4):
io_uring updates
block updates
io_uring fixes
block fixes

Joerg Roedel (1):
iommu updates

Jon Mason (1):
NTB updates

Jonathan Corbet (1):
documentation updates

Juergen Gross (1):
xen updates

Kees Cook (4):
pstore updates
seccomp updates
hardening updates
pstore fix

Lee Jones (3):
NFD updates
LED updates
backlight updates

Linus Walleij (1):
pin control updates

Luis Chamberlain (2):
modules updates
sysctl updates

Mark Brown (5):
regmap updates
regulator updates
spi updates
spi fixes
regulator fixes

Masahiro Yamada (1):
Kbuild updates

Masami Hiramatsu (1):
probes updates

Matthew Wilcox (1):
xarray fixes

Mauro Carvalho Chehab (1):
media updates

Max Filippov (1):
xtensa updates

Michael Ellerman (1):
powerpc updates

Michael Tsirkin (1):
virtio updates

Michal Simek (1):
microblaze updates

Mickaël Salaün (1):
landlock updates

Miguel Ojeda (2):
rust updates
auxdisplay update

Miklos Szeredi (1):
fuse updates

Mimi Zohar (1):
integrity subsystem updates

Miquel Raynal (1):
MTD updates

Palmer Dabbelt (2):
RISC-V updates
more RISC-V updates

Paolo Abeni (1):
networking updates

Paolo Bonzini (1):
kvm updates

Paul McKenney (4):
RCU updates
smp_call_function torture-test updates
CSD lock updates
clocksource watchdog updates

Paul Moore (3):
audit updates
selinux updates
LSM updates

Petr Mladek (2):
printk updates
printk fix

Rafael Wysocki (7):
ACPI updates
power management updates
thermal control updates
more thermal control updates
more power management updates
power management fix
more thermal control updates

Richard Weinberger (1):
UML updates

Rob Herring (3):
devicetree updates
devicetree include cleanups
more devicetree updates

Russell King (1):
ARM updates

Sebastian Reichel (2):
power supply and reset updates
HSI update

Shuah Khan (3):
Kselftest updates
kunit updates
nolibc updates

Stafford Horne (1):
OpenRISC updates

Stephen Boyd (1):
clk subsystem updates

Steve French (4):
smb client updates
smb server updates
smb server update
smb client fixes

Steven Rostedt (2):
tracing updates
more tracing updates

Takashi Iwai (2):
sound updates
sound fixes

Ted Ts'o (1):
ext4 updates

Tejun Heo (2):
cgroup updates
workqueue updates

Tetsuo Handa (1):
tomoyo updates

Thierry Reding (1):
pwm updates

Thomas Bogendoerfer (1):
MIPS updates

Thomas Gleixner (5):
core entry code update
irq updates
CPU hotplug updates
x86 core updates
clocksource/clockevent driver updates

Tony Luck (1):
intel EDAC fixes

Tzung-Bi Shih (2):
chrome platform updates
chrome platform firmware update

Ulf Hansson (2):
MMC updates
ARM SoC generic power domain driver updates

Vineet Gupta (1):
ARC updates

Vinod Koul (3):
soundwire updates
phy updates
dmaengine updates

Vlastimil Babka (1):
slab updates

Wei Liu (1):
hyperv updates

Will Deacon (2):
arm64 updates
arm64 fixes

Wim Van Sebroeck (1):
watchdog updates

Wolfram Sang (1):
i2c updates

  Last update: 2023-09-11 01:55    [W:1.308 / U:0.012 seconds]