SubjectRe: [Ksummit-discuss] [Tech-board-discuss] Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections -- Change to charter
On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 12:30:20PM +0200, Jani Nikula wrote:
>On Fri, 13 Mar 2020, Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> wrote:
>There is no way of knowing whether you're eligible to vote until you
>apply for a kernel.org account and either get approved or rejected.
>
>The current "obvious" requirement levels are not obvious to me. How many
>contributions is enough? Is everyone in MAINTAINERS eligible, or do you
>have to be a high-profile maintainer/developer? What is a high-profile
>developer? How many people in the web of trust must you have met in
>person?

Personally, I think that our definition of who can vote should be "any
member of our community", but it's not practical, right?

This process will take years, and each year I would expect us to
increase the voting pool by a significant amount. Maybe we should focus
too much on what restrictions are in affect in the current year, but
rather on trying to learn how well these restrictions worked and which
of them we can lift.

--
Thanks,
Sasha

  Last update: 2020-03-13 14:06    [W:0.139 / U:0.708 seconds]