SubjectRe: [Ksummit-discuss] [Tech-board-discuss] Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections -- Change to charter
On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 10:41:57AM +0100, Vlastimil Babka wrote:
> On 3/13/20 10:35 AM, Greg KH wrote:
> >> Not that I'm saying there's an easy solution, but obviously kernel.org
> >> account is not as problem free as you might think.
> >
> > We are not saying it is "problem free", but what really is the problem
> > with it?
>
> IIUC there is no problem for its current use, but it would be rather restrictive
> if it was used as the only criterion for being able to vote for TAB remotely.

Given that before now, there has not be any way to vote for the TAB
remotely, it's less restrictive :)

These are "baby steps" we are taking here, to try to allow for remote
voting. We are not saying this is the end-all-be-all solution, but you
have to give Laura credit for coming up with this as "better than
nothing" which is what has been the case for the past decade or so.

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2020-03-13 11:08    [W:0.085 / U:0.152 seconds]