Subject[Regression] MacBook Pro - suspend does not power off - reaches dangerously hot temps
Hi all,

I have a MacBook Pro 12,1 model where I've hit a regression since
upgrading to 5.2.x. When I enter hybrid-sleep mode with "systemctl
hybrid-sleep", the laptop appears to enter suspend (screen turns off
and keyboard backlights go out) but actually is still on with the CPU
fan powered off.

When I first noticed this, I had put my laptop away in my bag and
noticed it got extremely hot to the point of being dangerously close
to a fire hazard. It was too hot to touch and would not resume
successfully either from suspend or, after powering off, from
hibernate.

I've had no issues on 5.1 through 5.1.16 but every version of 5.2.x
I've tried (5.2 through 5.2.8) has exhibited this problem. Is there a
known regression in suspend handling in the kernel? I noticed some
traffic about suspend and NVMe devices but I do not have an NVMe
drive.

If nobody else has reported this issue, I would be glad to do a bisect
to help resolve it.

Thanks,
Eric Blau

  Last update: 2019-08-12 23:45    [W:0.063 / U:0.292 seconds]