Subjectguidelines on creating defconfigs
Date
Hi folks,

I'd like to create a defconfig for the apuv2 board (pretty average
x86, but w/o display, instead a bit of extra gpio/leds, etc).

The big question for me now is: which non-hw-related things should
be included ?

IMHO, it seems clear that it should enable all drivers for all hw
the board actually has. But what about hw that can be plugged in ?
(eg. the board has several pcie and usb slots). Are there any things
that should be enabled by a defconfig ?

Another topic are things like filesystems, initrd, etc, etc.

So, I'd like to know whether there are some guidelines or at least
some consensus on what shall be included in a defconfig.

thx

--mtx

--
Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
info@metux.net -- +49-151-27565287

  Last update: 2019-03-05 14:06    [W:0.026 / U:0.032 seconds]