Subject[GIT PULL] xfs: updates for 4.7-rc1
Hi Linus,

Can you please pull the XFS update from the tag below? It's a pretty
average collection of fixes, cleanups and improvements in this
request, details are in the tag below. A couple of the branches were
only pushed out last week (yes, I know this is generally considered
bad form) but I had been testing them for a couple of weeks prior
and had planned to push them out before the window opened. However,
an unplanned high speed impact with a concrete wall a couple of days
before the merge window opened forced me to change my plans a
little, hence the late commit dates on the changes.

I've let them soak in linux-next for a week, and I did a merge with
your tree this morning and a bunch of xfstests runs over the past 8
hours without any problems, so everything looks ok from my side.
Just yell if this is not OK and I'll drop those branches for this
merge and resend the pull request....

-Dave.

The following changes since commit f55532a0c0b8bb6148f4e07853b876ef73bc69ca:

Linux 4.6-rc1 (2016-03-26 16:03:24 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dgc/linux-xfs.git for-next

for you to fetch changes up to 555b67e4e729ca544bb4028ab12e532c68b70ddb:

Merge branch 'xfs-4.7-inode-reclaim' into for-next (2016-05-20 10:34:00 +1000)

xfs: update for 4.7-rc1

Changes in this update:
o fixes for mount line parsing, sparse warnings, read-only compat
feature remount behaviour
o allow fast path symlink lookups for inline symlinks.
o attribute listing cleanups
o writeback goes direct to bios rather than indirecting through
bufferheads
o transaction allocation cleanup
o optimised kmem_realloc
o added configurable error handling for metadata write errors,
changed default error handling behaviour from "retry forever" to
"retry until unmount then fail"
o fixed several inode cluster writeback lookup vs reclaim race
conditions
o fixed inode cluster writeback checking wrong inode after lookup
o fixed bugs where struct xfs_inode freeing wasn't actually RCU safe
o cleaned up inode reclaim tagging

Alex Lyakas (1):
xfs: optimise xfs_iext_destroy

Brian Foster (1):
xfs: buffer ->bi_end_io function requires irq-safe lock

Carlos Maiolino (8):
xfs: Add caller function output to xfs_log_force tracepoint
xfs: configurable error behavior via sysfs
xfs: introduce metadata IO error class
xfs: add configurable error support to metadata buffers
xfs: introduce table-based init for error behaviors
xfs: add configuration of error failure speed
xfs: add configuration handlers for specific errors
xfs: add "fail at unmount" error handling configuration

Christoph Hellwig (9):
xfs: factor out a helper to initialize a local format inode fork
xfs: set up inode operation vectors later
xfs: use ->readlink to implement the readlink_by_handle ioctl
xfs: optimize inline symlinks
xfs: optimize bio handling in the buffer writeback path
xfs: better xfs_trans_alloc interface
xfs: remove transaction types
xfs: improve kmem_realloc
xfs: fix warning in xfs_finish_page_writeback for non-debug builds

Dave Chinner (20):
xfs: Don't wrap growfs AGFL indexes
xfs: build bios directly in xfs_add_to_ioend
xfs: don't release bios on completion immediately
xfs: remove xfs_fs_evict_inode()
xfs: xfs_iflush_cluster fails to abort on error
xfs: fix inode validity check in xfs_iflush_cluster
xfs: skip stale inodes in xfs_iflush_cluster
xfs: xfs_inode_free() isn't RCU safe
xfs: mark reclaimed inodes invalid earlier
xfs: xfs_iflush_cluster has range issues
xfs: rename variables in xfs_iflush_cluster for clarity
xfs: simplify inode reclaim tagging interfaces
xfs: move reclaim tagging functions
Merge branch 'xfs-4.7-writeback-bio' into for-next
Merge branch 'xfs-4.7-trans-type-cleanup' into for-next
Merge branch 'xfs-4.7-optimise-inline-symlinks' into for-next
Merge branch 'xfs-4.7-cleanup-attr-listent' into for-next
Merge branch 'xfs-4.7-misc-fixes' into for-next
Merge branch 'xfs-4.7-error-cfg' into for-next
Merge branch 'xfs-4.7-inode-reclaim' into for-next

Eric Sandeen (5):
xfs: disallow rw remount on fs with unknown ro-compat features
xfs: only return -errno or success from attr ->put_listent
xfs: don't pass value into attr ->put_listent
xfs: remove put_value from attr ->put_listent context
xfs: collapse cases in xfs_attr3_leaf_list_int

Eryu Guan (2):
xfs: add missing break in xfs_parseargs()
xfs: mute some sparse warnings

fs/namei.c | 1 -
fs/xfs/kmem.c | 26 +--
fs/xfs/kmem.h | 2 +-
fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_attr.c | 58 ++-----
fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_bmap.c | 22 +--
fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_dir2_sf.c | 9 +-
fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_inode_fork.c | 99 +++++++----
fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_inode_fork.h | 1 +
fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_log_format.h | 5 +
fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_sb.c | 8 +-
fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_shared.h | 102 +-----------
fs/xfs/xfs_aops.c | 353 ++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
fs/xfs/xfs_aops.h | 15 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_attr.h | 4 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_attr_inactive.c | 16 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_attr_list.c | 85 +++-------
fs/xfs/xfs_bmap_util.c | 45 ++---
fs/xfs/xfs_buf.c | 12 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_buf.h | 20 +++
fs/xfs/xfs_buf_item.c | 121 +++++++++-----
fs/xfs/xfs_dquot.c | 9 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_file.c | 8 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_fsops.c | 14 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_icache.c | 290 ++++++++++++++++++---------------
fs/xfs/xfs_inode.c | 167 ++++++++++---------
fs/xfs/xfs_inode.h | 5 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_inode_item.c | 6 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_ioctl.c | 31 +---
fs/xfs/xfs_iomap.c | 53 ++----
fs/xfs/xfs_iops.c | 117 ++++++++-----
fs/xfs/xfs_log.c | 62 +------
fs/xfs/xfs_log.h | 3 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_log_cil.c | 1 -
fs/xfs/xfs_log_priv.h | 1 -
fs/xfs/xfs_log_recover.c | 12 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_mount.c | 23 ++-
fs/xfs/xfs_mount.h | 34 ++++
fs/xfs/xfs_pnfs.c | 7 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_qm.c | 9 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_qm_syscalls.c | 26 +--
fs/xfs/xfs_rtalloc.c | 21 +--
fs/xfs/xfs_super.c | 65 +++-----
fs/xfs/xfs_symlink.c | 37 ++---
fs/xfs/xfs_sysfs.h | 3 +
fs/xfs/xfs_trace.h | 16 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_trans.c | 88 +++++-----
fs/xfs/xfs_trans.h | 8 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_xattr.c | 17 +-
Dave Chinner
david@fromorbit.com

  Last update: 2016-05-26 08:41    [W:0.112 / U:0.124 seconds]