SubjectRe: [RFC 0/8] Allow GFP_NOFS allocation to fail
On Wed 05-08-15 20:58:25, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> On Aug 5, 2015, at 3:51 AM, mhocko@kernel.org wrote:
[...]
> > The rest are the FS specific patches to fortify allocations
> > requests which are really needed to finish transactions without RO
> > remounts. There might be more needed but my test case survives with
> > these in place.
>
> Wouldn't it make more sense to order the fs-specific patches _before_
> the "GFP_NOFS can fail" patch (#3), so that once that patch is applied
> all known failures have already been fixed? Otherwise it could show
> test failures during bisection that would be confusing.

As I write below. If maintainers consider them useful even when GFP_NOFS
doesn't fail I will reword them and resend. But you cannot fix the world
without breaking it first in this case ;)

--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2015-08-06 16:41    [W:0.250 / U:2.200 seconds]