SubjectRe: + kmod-remove-unecessary-explicit-wide-cpu-affinity-setting.patch added to -mm tree
Well, sorry for noise.

Let me repeat that I agree with this change, but...

On 07/07, Andrew Morton wrote:

> From: Frederic Weisbecker <fweisbec@gmail.com>
> Subject: kmod: remove unecessary explicit wide CPU affinity setting
>
> Not only useless it even breaks nohz full. The housekeeping work (general
> kernel internal code that user doesn't care much about) is handled by a
> reduced set of CPUs in nohz full, precisely those that are not included by
> nohz_full= kernel parameters. For example unbound workqueues are handled
> by housekeeping CPUs.

I still think this part of the changelog looks confusing and just wrong.

It is not that it breaks nohz full, unbound workqueues have nothing to
do with housekeeping_mask from the kernel pov. But yes, people can change
->cpumask and this can connect to housekeeping_mask.

Frederic, may I ask you to update the changelog? Although perhaps it was
just me who was confused...

Oleg.

  Last update: 2015-07-08 02:01    [W:0.041 / U:0.196 seconds]