SubjectLinux 4.1 released
From
So after a *very* quiet week after the 4.1-rc8 release, the final 4.1
release is now out.

I'm not sure if it was quiet because there really were no problems
(knock wood), or if people decided to be considerate of my vacation,
but whatever the reason, I appreciate it. It's not like the 4.1
release cycle was particularly painful, and let's hope that the extra
week of letting it sit makes for a great release. Which wouldn't be a
bad thing, considering that 4.1 will also be a LTS release.

Anyway, since rc8 we've had truly small changes, mainly some final
driver fixups (HDA sound, drm, scsi target, crypto) and a couple of
small misc fixes. The appended shortlog is probably one of the
shortest ones ever. I'm not complaining.

And this obviously means that the merge window for 4.2 is open.

Linus

---

Adam Jackson (1):
drm/mgag200: Reject non-character-cell-aligned mode widths

Andrew Morton (1):
revert "cpumask: don't perform while loop in cpumask_next_and()"

Boris Brezillon (2):
clk: at91: pll: fix input range validity check
clk: at91: fix PERIPHERAL_MAX_SHIFT definition

Chris Wilson (1):
drm/i915: Always reset vma->ggtt_view.pages cache on unbinding

Dave Airlie (1):
drm/radeon: don't probe MST on hw we don't support it on

Hugh Dickins (1):
mm: shmem_zero_setup skip security check and lockdep conflict with XFS

Hui Wang (1):
ALSA: hda - adding a DAC/pin preference map for a HP Envy TS machine

Jani Nikula (1):
Revert "drm/i915: Don't skip request retirement if the active
list is empty"

Linus Torvalds (1):
Linux 4.1

Mauro Carvalho Chehab (1):
Kconfig: disable Media Controller for DVB

Michel Dänzer (1):
drm/radeon: Add RADEON_INFO_VA_UNMAP_WORKING query

Nicholas Mc Guire (1):
ALSA: mips: let SND_SGI_O2 select SND_PCM

Nicolas Ferre (2):
clk: at91: trivial: typo in peripheral clock description
clk: at91: fix h32mx prototype inclusion in pmc header

Radim Krčmář (1):
KVM: x86: fix lapic.timer_mode on restore

Sagi Grimberg (3):
iser-target: Fix variable-length response error completion
iser-target: release stale iser connections
iser-target: Fix possible use-after-free

Steve Cornelius (2):
crypto: caam - improve initalization for context state saves
crypto: caam - fix RNG buffer cache alignment

Steven Rostedt (1):
tracing: Have filter check for balanced ops

Takashi Iwai (3):
ALSA: hda - Fix audio crackles on Dell Latitude E7x40
ALSA: hda - Fix noisy outputs on Dell XPS13 (2015 model)
ALSA: hda - Fix unused label skip_i915

Wolfram Sang (1):
i2c: slave: fix the example how to instantiate from userspace