SubjectKconfiglib -- a flexible Kconfig parser -- now on GitHub
From
Hello,

A few years ago I posted patches for a Python Kconfig parser and
library I was working on (https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/2/6/151). As not
many people are probably aware of it, an updated version of that
library has been at https://github.com/ulfalizer/Kconfiglib for a
while now, and is being used for some tasks in e.g. Buildroot and Das
U-Boot.

As a concrete example, I just noticed scripts/checkkconfigsymbols.py
and remembered that I have an example script that does the same thing
(minus some functionality):
https://github.com/ulfalizer/Kconfiglib/blob/master/examples/print_undefined.py.

I have no intention to get Kconfiglib into the kernel (unless there
would be a demand), and it's definitely not meant to replace the C
implementation or introduce a Python dependency for standard builds.
It's just an auxiliary helper library which some people might find
useful -- especially when doing "unusual" things with Kconfig-based
configuration systems.

Cheers,
Ulf

  Last update: 2015-06-02 02:21    [W:0.065 / U:0.424 seconds]