SubjectRe: HMM (Heterogeneous Memory Management) v8
On 21/05/2015 22:31, j.glisse@gmail.com wrote:
> From design point of view not much changed since last patchset (2).
> Most of the change are in small details of the API expose to device
> driver. This version also include device driver change for Mellanox
> hardware to use HMM as an alternative to ODP (which provide a subset
> of HMM functionality specificaly for RDMA devices). Long term plan
> is to have HMM completely replace ODP.

Hi,

I think HMM would be a good long term solution indeed. For now I would
want to keep ODP and HMM side by side (as the patchset seem to do)
mainly since HMM is introduced as a STAGING feature and ODP is part of
the mainline kernel.

It would be nice if you could provide a git repository to access the
patches. I couldn't apply them to the current linux-next tree.

A minor thing: I noticed some style issues in the patches. You should
run checkpatch.pl on the patches and get them to match the coding style.

Regards,
Haggai

  Last update: 2015-05-31 09:21    [W:0.818 / U:0.012 seconds]