SubjectLinux 4.4-rc1
From
So it's Sunday, two weeks has passed, and so 4.4-rc1 is out there and
the merge window is closed.

As usual, the full shortlog is much too big to post, so appended is
the usual shortlog of just my merges, which just shows who I did pulls
from, with a very short comment on each merge.

Just looking at the patch itself, things look fairly normal at a high
level, possibly a bit more driver-heavy than usual with about 75% of
the patch being drivers, and 10% being architecture updates. The
remaining 15% is documentation, filesystem, core networking (as
opposed to network drivers), tooling and some core infrastructure.

The driver changes are all over, although staging, networking and GPU
drivers stand out (and those three areas account for over half of the
driver changes - roughly 40% of the whole patch).

On the architecture side, ARM (when counting both 32-bit and 64-bit)
accounts for about half the changes, with x86, powerpc, mips, chris
and s390 accounting for the other half.

Go out and test.

Linus

---

Al Viro (2):
vfs update
vfs xattr cleanups

Alex Williamson (1):
VFIO updates

Alexandre Belloni (1):
RTC updates

Andrew Morton (4):
patch-bomb
second patch-bomb
third patch-bomb
final patch-bomb

Arnd Bergmann (1):
asm-generic cleanups

Bjorn Helgaas (1):
PCI updates

Bob Peterson (1):
gfs2 updates

Borislav Petkov (1):
EDAC updates

Brian Norris (1):
MTD updates

Bruce Fields (1):
nfsd updates

Catalin Marinas (2):
arm64 updates
arm64 fixes and clean-ups

Chris Mason (2):
btrfs updates
btrfs fixes and cleanups

Chris Zankel (1):
xtensa updates

Dan Williams (2):
libnvdimm updates
libnvdimm fixes

Darren Hart (2):
x86 platform driver update
another x86 platform driver update

Dave Airlie (4):
drm updates
drm fixes
drm fixes
drm sti driver updates

Dave Chinner (1):
xfs updates

David Miller (4):
networking updates
IDE fixlet
sparc updates
networking fixes

David Teigland (1):
dlm update

David Vrabel (1):
xen updates

David Woodhouse (1):
intel iommu updates

Dmitry Torokhov (2):
input updates
more input updates

Doug Ledford (1):
rdma updates

Eric Biederman (1):
userns hardlink capability check fix

Geert Uytterhoeven (1):
m68k update

Greg KH (5):
USB updates
tty/serial driver updates
staging driver updates
driver core updates
char/misc driver updates

Greg Ungerer (1):
m68knommu/coldfire fix

Guenter Roeck (1):
hwmon updates

Hans-Christian Noren Egtvedt (1):
avr32 update

Helge Deller (2):
parisc updates
parisc updates

Herbert Xu (2):
crypto update
crypto fix

Ingo Molnar (17):
wchan kernel address hiding
EFI changes
RCU changes
locking changes
perf updates
RAS changes
scheduler changes
x86 apic changes
x86 asm changes
x86 boot cleanup
x86 cleanups
x86 cpu changes
x86 kgdb fixlet
x86 fpu changes
x86 sigcontext header cleanups
x86 mm changes
x86 platform changes

Jacek Anaszewski (1):
LED updates

Jaegeuk Kim (1):
f2fs updates

James Bottomley (2):
SCSI updates
final round of SCSI updates

James Hogan (1):
metag arch updates

James Morris (2):
security subsystem update
security subsystem fixes

Jan Kara (1):
ext2 fix

Jassi Brar (1):
mailbox updates

Jean Delvare (1):
tiny hwmon update

Jeff Layton (1):
file locking updates

Jens Axboe (7):
core block updates
block driver updates
lightnvm support
block integrity updates
block reservation support
block IO poll support
misc block fixes

Jesper Nilsson (1):
CRIS changes

Jiri Kosina (3):
livepatching fix
HID updates
trivial updates

Joerg Roedel (1):
iommu updates

Jon Corbet (2):
documentation update
more documentation updates

Jon Mason (1):
NTB bugfixes

Lee Jones (2):
MFD updates
backlight updates

Ley Foon Tan (1):
nios2 updates

Linus Walleij (2):
pin control updates
GPIO updates

Mark Brown (3):
regmap updates
regulator updates
spi updates

Martin Schwidefsky (1):
s390 updates

Mauro Carvalho Chehab (1):
media updates

Michael Ellerman (1):
powerpc updates

Michal Marek (3):
kbuild update
kconfig updates
misc kbuild updates

Mike Snitzer (1):
device mapper updates

Neil Brown (2):
md updates
config fix for md

Nicholas Bellinger (1):
SCSI target updates

Olof Johansson (7):
ARM SoC non-urgent fixes
ARM SoC cleanups
ARM SoC platform updates
ARM SoC driver updates
ARM DT updates
ARM SoC defconfig updates
chrome platform updates

Paolo Bonzini (2):
KVM updates
second batch of kvm updates

Paul Moore (1):
audit updates

Rafael Wysocki (2):
power management and ACPI updates
more power management and ACPI updates

Ralf Baechle (1):
MIPS updates

Richard Weinberger (2):
UML updates
UBI/UBIFS updates

Rob Herring (2):
DeviceTree updates
DeviceTree fixes

Russell King (1):
ARM updates

Rusty Russell (1):
module updates

Sage Weil (1):
Ceph updates

Sebastian Reichel (3):
HSI updates
power supply and reset updates
power supply fix

Shuah Khan (1):
kselftest updates

Stefan Richter (1):
firewire fix

Stephen Boyd (1):
clk updates

Steve French (1):
SMB3 updates

Steven Rostedt (2):
tracking updates
trace cleanups

Takashi Iwai (2):
sound updates
sound fixes

Ted Ts'o (1):
ext4 updates

Tejun Heo (3):
workqueue update
libata updates
cgroup updates

Thierry Reding (1):
pwm updates

Thomas Gleixner (7):
timer updates
irq updates
irq and timer fixes
x86 fixes
liblockdep fixes
scheduler fix
perf updates

Tomi Valkeinen (1):
fbdev updates

Tony Luck (1):
pstore updates

Trond Myklebust (1):
NFS client updates

Ulf Hansson (1):
MMC updates

Vineet Gupta (2):
ARC updates
ARC fixes

Vinod Koul (1):
dmaengine updates

Wim Van Sebroeck (1):
watchdog update

Wolfram Sang (1):
i2c updates

Yoshinori Sato (1):
h8300 updates

Zhang Rui (1):
thermal updates

  Last update: 2015-11-16 02:41    [W:0.123 / U:0.308 seconds]