SubjectProblems booting kernel with UEFI bios
Date
Greetings

Two years ago I decided to ditch the shim and shams that come with booting in UEFI on the laptop. This was working fine. The last year someone had a suggestion to sign the kernel, and enable certificate checking, as describe here http://kroah.com/log/blog/2013/09/02/booting-a-self-signed-linux-kernel/, and this too was good.

Then along came version 3.15.0. The same config but now I see an EFI_MIXED option. I tried ignoring this, and I found that I could not boot. I enabled this and I still get the same result. So I waited for two versions to see if the problem is fixed and nothing. I have tried using early printks in EFI and the display is blank. I have no serial, but USB and I cannot get the traces out. So two questions: Has anyone else the same woes? and more importantly how does one debug this stuff? I tried qemu with tianocore and that barfs on the 3.14.8 kernel that is currently working.

Any suggestions would be apprecaited.

FM FF

  Last update: 2014-06-28 09:01    [W:0.025 / U:0.312 seconds]