    SubjectLinux 3.14-rc1 is out
    From
    Hey, it was a normal two-week merge window, and it's closed now. As
    far as I'm aware, I've pulled everything asked from me (with one
    exception, see later) and applied all patches I was meant to apply. If
    you feel I overlooked your work, it might be due to an email being
    caught as spam (it happened several times lately, but I think I caught
    them all) or just plain incompetence on my part (that happens too).

    I realize that as a number, 3.14 looks familiar to people, and I had
    naming requests related to that. But that's simply not how the
    nonsense kernel names work. You can console yourself with the fact
    that the name doesn't actually show up anywhere, and nobody really
    cares. So any pi-related name you make up will be *quite* as relevant
    as the one in the main Makefile, so don't get depressed.

    Besides, any self-respecting geek will know pi to twenty decimal
    places from their dorky youth, so 3.14 isn't really *that* close, is
    it?

    Anyway, the one missing pull request is the rename2 system call that I
    felt I needed to look at myself, and was also hoping for more
    commentary on (I'm looking at you, Al). So I didn't feel I had the
    mental throughput to look at it during the merge window, and will take
    a more leisurely look the upcoming week. I *might* still pull it
    before -rc2, but quite frankly it's more likely to be left pending for
    3.15.

    Other than that? The stuff that actually got merged? It was a pretty
    normal merge window, nothing stands out. The statistics are the normal
    two-thirds drivers, with the rest being a mix of architecture updates
    (ARM dominates, but there's powerpc, x86, mips. s390, and even ia64
    shows up with stale xen code removal too) and misc. Where misc is core
    kernel, mm, networking, tooling etc etc.

    I'm attaching my merge-log, since (as usual) the actual merge window
    shortlog is much too long to bother with for general consumption. And
    again, note that my merge-log is about who was the submaintainer that
    sent me the pull request, not about who necessarily wrote the code.
    You need to go to the full git logs to see that level of detail.

    Linus

    ---
    Al Viro (2):
    vfs updates
    vfs fixes

    Alex Williamson (1):
    vfio update

    Andrew Morton (5):
    first patch-bomb
    second patch-bomb
    misc updates
    random fixes
    misc fixes

    Artem Bityutskiy (1):
    ubifs updates

    Ben Herrenschmidt (3):
    powerpc mremap fix
    powerpc updates
    more powerpc bits

    Ben Myers (2):
    xfs update
    second xfs update

    Bjorn Helgaas (1):
    PCI updates

    Boaz Harrosh (1):
    exofs and ore fixes

    Borislav Petkov (1):
    EDAC updates

    Brian Norris (1):
    MTD updates

    Bruce Fields (1):
    nfsd updates

    Bryan Wu (1):
    LED subsystem update

    Catalin Marinas (1):
    ARM64 updates

    Chris Ball (1):
    MMC updates

    Chris Mason (1):
    btrfs updates

    Chris Zankel (1):
    Xtensa patches

    Corey Minyard (1):
    ipmi fixes

    Dave Airlie (1):
    drm updates

    David Kleikamp (1):
    jfs fix

    David Miller (4):
    networking updates
    IDE fixes
    sparc update
    networking fixes

    David Teigland (1):
    dlm update

    Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov (1):
    battery updates

    Dmitry Torokhov (1):
    input subsystem updates

    Eric Biederman (1):
    user namespaces work

    Eric Paris (1):
    audit update

    Eric Van Hensbergen (1):
    9p changes

    Geert Uytterhoeven (1):
    m68k updates

    Greg KH (7):
    char/misc driver patches
    driver core / sysfs patches
    staging driver tree changes
    tty/serial driver updates
    USB updates
    serial fixes
    rtl8812ae staging wireless driver

    Guenter Roeck (1):
    hwmon updates

    Helge Deller (1):
    parisc updates

    Herbert Xu (1):
    crypto update

    Ingo Molnar (25):
    core debug changes
    core locking changes
    RCU updates
    strong stackprotector support
    IRQ changes
    perf updates
    scheduler changes
    timer changes
    x86/apic changes
    x86/asm changes
    x86/build changes
    x86 cleanups
    x86 TLB detection update
    x86 EFI changes
    Intel MID updates
    x86 microcode loader updates
    x86 mm changes
    Intel SoC changes
    x86 RAS changes
    leftover x86 fixes
    scheduler fixes
    perf fixes
    core debug changes
    scheduler fixes
    timer/dynticks updates

    Jaegeuk Kim (1):
    f2fs updates

    James Bottomley (1):
    SCSI updates

    James Hogan (1):
    Metag architecture changes

    James Morris (1):
    security layer updates

    Jan Kara (2):
    UDF & jbd fixes
    fanotify use-after-free fixes

    Jean Delvare (2):
    hwmon updates
    hwmon kconfig fixes

    Jens Axboe (2):
    core block IO changes
    block IO driver changes

    Jesper Nilsson (2):
    cris changes
    cris fix

    Jiri Kosina (2):
    HID updates
    trivial tree updates

    Joerg Roedel (1):
    IOMMU Updates

    Jonas Bonn (1):
    OpenRISC updates

    Kevin Hilman (1):
    ARM SoC late changes

    Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk (3):
    Xen updates
    swiotlb bug-fixes
    Xen bugfixes

    Lee Jones (1):
    MFD changes

    Len Brown (1):
    turbostat updates

    Linus Walleij (2):
    GPIO tree bulk changes
    bulk pin control changes

    Mark Brown (3):
    regmap updates
    regulator updates
    spi updates

    Martin Schwidefsky (2):
    s390 updates
    s390 patches

    Matt Turner (1):
    alpha updates

    Matthew Garrett (1):
    x86 platform drivers update

    Mauro Carvalho Chehab (1):
    media updates

    Michal Marek (3):
    kbuild changes
    __TIME__/__DATE__ removal
    misc kbuild changes

    Michal Simek (1):
    microblaze patches

    Mike Snitzer (1):
    device-mapper changes

    Mike Turquette (2):
    clk framework changes
    more clock framework changes

    Miklos Szeredi (1):
    fuse update

    Neil Brown (1):
    md updates

    Nicholas Bellinger (1):
    SCSI target updates

    Olof Johansson (8):
    ARM SoC non-critical fixes
    ARM SoC cleanups
    ARM SoC platform changes
    ARM SoC DT updates
    ARM SoC board updates
    ARM driver updates
    chrome platform cleanups and improvements
    ARM SoC fixes

    Paolo Bonzini (2):
    KVM updates
    more KVM updates

    Pekka Enberg (1):
    SLAB changes

    Peter Anvin (7):
    x86 kernel address space randomization support
    x86 cpufeature and mpx updates
    x32 uapi changes
    more x32 uabi type fixes
    intel MID cleanups
    x86 build bits
    x86 asmlinkage (LTO) changes

    Rafael Wysocki (2):
    ACPI and power management updates
    ACPI and power management fixes and cleanups

    Ralf Baechle (1):
    MIPS updates

    Richard Weinberger (1):
    UML changes

    Rob Herring (1):
    devicetree updates

    Roland Dreier (1):
    infiniband updates

    Russell King (2):
    ARM updates
    more ARM updates

    Rusty Russell (2):
    virtio update
    module updates

    Sage Weil (2):
    ceph updates
    some further ceph acl cleanups

    Stefan Richter (1):
    firewire updates

    Steve French (1):
    cifs fixes

    Steven Miao (1):
    blackfin updates

    Steven Rostedt (4):
    localmodconfig update
    ktest updates
    tracing updates
    tracing fixes

    Steven Whitehouse (1):
    GFS2 updates

    Takashi Iwai (2):
    sound updates
    sound fixes

    Ted Ts'o (1):
    ext4 update

    Tejun Heo (4):
    workqueue update
    percpu changes
    cgroup updates
    libata updates

    Thierry Reding (1):
    pwm changes

    Tomi Valkeinen (1):
    fbdev changes

    Tony Luck (1):
    ia64 Xen removal

    Trond Myklebust (2):
    NFS client updates
    NFS client bugfixes

    Vineet Gupta (1):
    ARC changes

    Vinod Koul (1):
    slave-dma updates

    Wim Van Sebroeck (1):
    watchdog updates

    Wolfram Sang (2):
    i2c updates
    more i2c updates

    Zhang Rui (1):
    thermal management updates

      Last update: 2014-02-03 03:01    [W:0.046 / U:0.228 seconds]