SubjectPCIE resetting graphic card
Hi, Takao

I know you are working on the PCIE resetting patches for the iommu kdump
issue.

You explicitly excluded the graphic card in your patch. I have some
questions about this. Why can't we reset the graphic card like other
pcie devices?

We have problems, if 1st kernel is in kms mode kdump kernel will have no
chance to switch back to VGA console. There's no serial port on most of
recent laptops thus it's difficult to debug kdump issue.

So if we can reset graphic card as well, and if it works I wonder if the
2nd kdump kernel can use vga console with nomodeset?

--
Thanks
Dave

  Last update: 2013-07-12 04:41    [W:0.131 / U:0.496 seconds]