    SubjectLinux 3.6
    When I did the -rc7 announcement a week ago, I said I might have to do
    an -rc8, but a week passed, and things have been calm, and I honestly
    cannot see a major reason to do another rc.

    So here it is, 3.6 final. Sure, I'd have been happier with even fewer
    changes, but that just never happens. And holding off the release
    until people get too bored to send me the small stuff just makes the
    next merge window more painful.

    The changes that got merged this week were generally pretty tiny, but
    more importantly, they tend to be small or very unlikely/special
    things. Famous last words.

    The shortlog below is obviously just the log since -rc7, the changes
    in 3.6 since 3.5 are too many to list. There haven't been any huge new
    architectures or filesystems, it's all "solid progress". That may not
    sound all that exciting, but the devil is in the details, and there's
    a lot of small fixes all over.

    Anyway, this obviously means that the merge window for 3.7 is open,
    and on that subject I do want to note that I'm going to travel much of
    this merge window. Let's see how much that impacts my merging, but I
    hope that it won't be *that* noticeable. But in case it results in any
    problems, I'll just give a heads-up, and if worst comes to worst I'll
    just extend the merge window to give myself more time for merging. I
    aim to avoid it, but I'll note it here just in case it happens.

    Steven Rothwell already noted during the -rc7 release that people
    should have the stuff for 3.7 in linux-next, and I hope that is true.
    Guys and gals, please behave, ok?

    Linus

    ---
    Al Viro (6):
    do_add_mount()/umount -l races
    close the race in nlmsvc_free_block()
    um: take cleaning singlestep to start_thread()
    um: don't leak floating point state and segment registers on execve()
    um: let signal_delivered() do SIGTRAP on singlestepping into handler
    um: kill thread->forking

    Alan Stern (1):
    USB: Fix race condition when removing host controllers

    Alex Elder (2):
    rbd: drop dev reference on error in rbd_open()
    libceph: only kunmap kmapped pages

    Alex Williamson (3):
    vfio: Trivial Documentation correction
    vfio: Fix virqfd release race
    iommu: static inline iommu group stub functions

    Andrea Arcangeli (1):
    thp: avoid VM_BUG_ON page_count(page) false positives in
    __collapse_huge_page_copy

    Andrei Emeltchenko (1):
    Bluetooth: Fix freeing uninitialized delayed works

    Andrew Lunn (1):
    ARM: Orion5x: Fix too small coherent pool.

    Andrzej Kaczmarek (2):
    Bluetooth: mgmt: Fix enabling SSP while powered off
    Bluetooth: mgmt: Fix enabling LE while powered off

    Ben Skeggs (3):
    drm/nouveau: silence a debug message triggered by newer userspace
    drm/nvc0/ltcg: mask off intr 0x10
    drm/nvc0/fifo: ignore bits in PFIFO_INTR that aren't set in PFIFO_INTR_EN

    Chris Metcalf (1):
    tile: gxio iorpc numbering change for TRIO interface

    Dan Carpenter (2):
    NVMe: handle allocation failure in nvme_map_user_pages()
    vmwgfx: corruption in vmw_event_fence_action_create()

    Daniel Mack (1):
    ALSA: snd-usb: fix next_packet_size calls for pause case

    Dave Airlie (1):
    drm/udl: limit modes to the sku pixel limits.

    Dave Jiang (1):
    MAINTAINERS: update Intel C600 SAS driver maintainers

    Def (1):
    batman-adv: Fix change mac address of soft iface.

    Emmanuel Grumbach (1):
    iwlwifi: don't double free the interrupt in failure path

    Eric Dumazet (4):
    ipv4: raw: fix icmp_filter()
    net: guard tcp_set_keepalive() to tcp sockets
    ipv6: raw: fix icmpv6_filter()
    ipv6: mip6: fix mip6_mh_filter()

    Geert Uytterhoeven (1):
    um: Preinclude include/linux/kern_levels.h

    Heiko Carstens (1):
    checksyscalls: fix "here document" handling

    J. Bruce Fields (1):
    trivial select_parent documentation fix

    Jan Engelhardt (1):
    netfilter: xt_limit: have r->cost != 0 case work

    Jan Kara (1):
    lib/flex_proportions.c: fix corruption of denominator in
    flexible proportions

    Jiri Pirko (1):
    team: send port changed when added

    Joachim Eastwood (1):
    USB: ohci-at91: fix null pointer in ohci_hcd_at91_overcurrent_irq

    Joerg Roedel (1):
    iommu/amd: Fix wrong assumption in iommu-group specific code

    Keith Busch (7):
    NVMe: Set request queue logical block size
    NVMe: Fix nvme module init when nvme_major is set
    NVMe: replace nvme_ns with nvme_dev for user admin
    NVMe: use namespace id for nvme_get_features
    NVMe: Set block queue max sectors
    NVMe: Do not set IO queue depth beyond device max
    NVMe: Fix uninitialized iod compiler warning

    Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk (1):
    xen/boot: Disable NUMA for PV guests.

    Linus Lüssing (1):
    batman-adv: Fix symmetry check / route flapping in multi interface setups

    Linus Torvalds (2):
    mtdchar: fix offset overflow detection
    Linux 3.6

    Luis R. Rodriguez (1):
    cfg80211: fix possible circular lock on reg_regdb_search()

    Marek Vasut (4):
    phy/micrel: Implement support for KSZ8021
    phy/micrel: Rename KS80xx to KSZ80xx
    phy/micrel: Add missing header to micrel_phy.h
    net: phy: smsc: Implement PHY config_init for LAN87xx

    Mark Brown (1):
    ASoC: wm2000: Correct register size

    Mark Salter (3):
    c6x: use asm-generic/barrier.h
    c/r: prctl: fix build error for no-MMU case
    syscalls: add __NR_kcmp syscall to generic unistd.h

    Matthew Wilcox (3):
    NVMe: Fix whitespace damage in nvme_init
    NVMe: Free admin queue memory on initialisation failure
    NVMe: Cancel outstanding IOs on queue deletion

    Mauro Carvalho Chehab (3):
    i3200_edac: Fix memory rank size
    i5000: Fix the memory size calculation with 2R memories
    sb_edac: Avoid overflow errors at memory size calculation

    Mike Snitzer (6):
    dm thin: do not set discard_zeroes_data
    dm mpath: only retry ioctl when no paths if queue_if_no_path set
    dm: handle requests beyond end of device instead of using BUG_ON
    dm: retain table limits when swapping to new table with no devices
    dm thin: tidy discard support
    dm thin: fix discard support for data devices

    Miklos Szeredi (1):
    vfs: dcache: fix deadlock in tree traversal

    Mikulas Patocka (1):
    dm verity: fix overflow check

    Milan Broz (1):
    dm table: clear add_random unless all devices have it set

    Narendra K (1):
    qlcnic: Fix scheduling while atomic bug

    Neil Horman (1):
    bnx2: Clean up remaining iounmap

    NeilBrown (2):
    md/raid5: add missing spin_lock_init.
    md/raid10: fix "enough" function for detecting if array is failed.

    Nicolas Dichtel (1):
    inetpeer: fix token initialization

    Paul Mundt (1):
    sh: pfc: Fix up GPIO mux type reconfig case.

    Peter Hüwe (1):
    net/phy/bcm87xx: Add MODULE_LICENSE("GPL") to GPL driver

    Quoc-Son Anh (1):
    NVMe: Use ida for nvme device instance

    Richard Weinberger (1):
    um: Fix IPC on um

    Roland Stigge (1):
    gpio-lpc32xx: Fix value handling of gpio_direction_output()

    Sachin Kamat (1):
    ARM: dma-mapping: Fix potential memory leak in atomic_pool_init()

    Steve Glendinning (1):
    smsc75xx: fix resume after device reset

    Thierry Reding (1):
    pwm-backlight: take over maintenance

    Vinicius Costa Gomes (1):
    Bluetooth: Fix not removing power_off delayed work

    Wei Yongjun (4):
    l2tp: fix return value check
    team: fix return value check
    netdev: pasemi: fix return value check in pasemi_mac_phy_init()
    netdev: octeon: fix return value check in octeon_mgmt_init_phy()

    Xiaodong Xu (1):
    pppoe: drop PPPOX_ZOMBIEs in pppoe_release