    SubjectRe: [patch] cgroups: disallow attaching kthreadd
    On Wed, 2012-04-04 at 23:49 -0700, David Rientjes wrote:
    > On Thu, 5 Apr 2012, Mike Galbraith wrote:
    >
    > > > The last time we went through this, it was left after Andrew had fixed it
    > > > up when the cpusets version was merged in -mm without any disagreement
    > > > from Peter who was cc'd and that version was acked both by myself and Paul
    > > > Menage at https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/12/14/402. Andrew dropped it and
    > > > asked for a repost since there was some on-going scheduler work going on
    > > > in linux-next that caused that version not to apply. No follow-up was
    > > > ever offered.
    > >
    > > Hm, I thought I did that.
    > >

    > There's no reply from you to Andrew's email unless it was private.

    Maybe I didn't, busy as hell happens a lot these days.

    > > > Why have we now gone in a completely different direction again?
    > >
    > > I already said that after Peter griped and suggested global, I thought
    > > about it, and liked that better.
    >
    > I think you're taking Peter's questions as a nack. He asked a question, I
    > answered it. He didn't participate in the thread after October 20.
    > Andrew's email to you asking for a new version is December 14 with these
    > lines:
    >
    > Acked-by: David Rientjes <rientjes@google.com>
    > Acked-by: Paul Menage <paul@paulmenage.org>
    > Cc: Tejun Heo <htejun@gmail.com>
    > Cc: Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl>
    >
    > He's been cc'd the whole time. Looking through the lengthy emails, he
    > never actually nack'd _any_ version of this patch. He asked why not do it
    > for all cgroups. That's it.

    That question made perfect sense to me. Putting a global resource in
    any bin of any sort makes little if any sense.

    > I'm hoping you will take this bug more seriously.

    Look, I merely reminded Tehun that the problem had never been resolved.
    I was asked to post, and did that. Don't get upset with me for posting
    the solution I like best. If I weren't taking the bug seriously enough
    (small as it is), I wouldn't have reminded Tehun.

    I fixed my customers problems the global way months ago, could have and
    likely should have ignored the fact that buglet lives on in mainline.

    -Mike

      Last update: 2012-04-05 09:39    [W:0.025 / U:88.728 seconds]