    SubjectRe: [patch] cgroups: disallow attaching kthreadd
    On Wed, 2012-04-04 at 23:07 -0700, David Rientjes wrote:
    > On Thu, 5 Apr 2012, Mike Galbraith wrote:
    >
    > > I submitted that, and it didn't fly. I like the generic exclusion
    > > better, so I submit that for consideration.
    > >

    > [+akpm]
    >
    > The last time we went through this, it was left after Andrew had fixed it
    > up when the cpusets version was merged in -mm without any disagreement
    > from Peter who was cc'd and that version was acked both by myself and Paul
    > Menage at https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/12/14/402. Andrew dropped it and
    > asked for a repost since there was some on-going scheduler work going on
    > in linux-next that caused that version not to apply. No follow-up was
    > ever offered.

    Hm, I thought I did that.

    > Why have we now gone in a completely different direction again?

    I already said that after Peter griped and suggested global, I thought
    about it, and liked that better. The submitted patchlet can either fly
    or die. It's not a big deal.

    If I need a reason to like global better, posix like: the user shall not
    fool around with my "mom" vs a wishy washy comedy variant of same ;-)

    -Mike

      Last update: 2012-04-05 08:45    [W:0.020 / U:1.080 seconds]