    SubjectRe: Linux 3.1-rc5
    Mauro Carvalho Chehab venit, vidit, dixit 05.09.2011 22:26:
    > Em 04-09-2011 20:27, Linus Torvalds escreveu:
    >
    >> One thing to note: If you just do
    >>
    >> git pull https://github.com/torvalds/linux.git
    >>
    >> you probably won't get the tags, since it's not your origin branch. So do
    >>
    >> git fetch --tags<...>
    >>
    >> too, so that you get not only the actual changes, but the tag that you
    >> can verify too.
    >>

    > It would be great if "git remote update" could also verify the tag
    > signature (if present), as most of us just do a "git remote update".

    ...when you should "git fetch --all" ;)

    > Maybe an extra parameter for git config remote.tagopt?
    >
    > Ok, if in doubt, we can always use git tag -v <new tag>, but doing
    > it automagically would help us to detect if a git tag got mangled
    > by some at the moment we update our trees, with seems to be
    > a good idea.

    The update hook (if you want to reject falsified tags) or post-update
    hook (if you want to be warned) is the perfect place for this. It would
    be worth amending the standard update hook, me thinks, after removing
    its insisting on a project description, and maybe switching the defaults.

    Michael

      Last update: 2011-09-06 09:25    [W:0.026 / U:1.036 seconds]