    SubjectRe: 2.6.39-rc5-git2 boot crashs
    On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 11:54 PM, werner <> wrote:
    > Then I gone back almost to my normal / everythingyes config, but I disabled
    > CONFIG_MSC_FILESYSTEMS and CONFIG-MTD , also ACPI-APEI because it needs
    > PSTORE of the 1st one.

    Ok, good.

    > With them disabled:  The 1st booting in grafic mode was normally. I also
    > could unzip a 120 MB file (what before with the everythingyes config
    > crashed).   However, if I tried to unzip an appr. 500 MB file, it crashed.

    So that didn't help. Let's disable some other things too.

    Start off by disabling CONFIG_IDE, because you don't need it and maybe
    it does stomp on the SATA stuff somehow (on your computer, you
    _should_ be using just SATA_NV, I think).

    But I also notice that you have enabled the X86 "extended platform"
    support, and in particular CONFIG_X86_ELAN, and that will disable all
    the normal CPU logic. So please turn off CONFIG_X86_EXTENDED_PLATFORM
    too, and use the "normal" x86 support.

    Turn off CONFIG_EISA and CONFIG_MCA too, in order to limit things a bit.

    Let's see if that makes any difference.

      Last update: 2011-05-02 17:21    [W:0.021 / U:3.364 seconds]