    SubjectRe: Could I (ab)use bus (struct bus_type) for virtual Broadcom bus?

    > >> Maybe EPROM is not Broadcom specific, but I suspect the content we
    > >> deal with in bcmai/axi is Broadcom specific. I didn't see any notes of
    > >> manuf/id/rev/class we deal with. So I guess everything *we* (out
    > >> driver) read from EPROM is Bcm specific.
    > >>

    > > Played around amba registers on bcm4716. For all amba cores present
    > > (under all I mean broadcom ip core agents, oob router core, erom core,
    > > and other I-dont-know-what-for cores present at 0x18100000). All those
    > > feature AMBA_CID (0xb105f00d) as PrimeCell ID, and slightly different
    > > PrimeCell PeripheralIDs:
    > > * vendor 0xBB, part_number 0x368 for broadcom cores' agents;
    > > * vendor 0xBB, part_number 0x367 for OOB router core (don't ask me wth
    > > is this please);
    > > * vendor 0xBB, part_number 0x366 for EROM core;
    > >
    > > ARM vendor id is 0x41. Might 0xBB is Broadcom vendor id but I've found
    > > no evidence for that with google.
    >
    > Yeah, as I suspected, everything except Broadcom specific cores
    > matches AMBA standards quite nicely. Still, I don't see anything in it
    > we could use for driver.
    >
    > Let's wait for Russell and Arnd to comment.

    Btw, googling for PL366, PL367, PL368 gives nothing relevant except one
    reference to "NIC-301 Interconnect Device Management (PL368)" which is
    restricted to arm partners. Think it have something to do with that
    magic "DMP - Device Management Plugin" Broadcom guys mentioned earlier.
    Might those 0xBB/0x368 cores are produced with that "plugin".

    Have nice day,
    George