    SubjectRe: Could I (ab)use bus (struct bus_type) for virtual Broadcom bus?
    > >> Arnd: I found you saying:
    > >> I explained how it works, I believe scanning (EPROM in this case) it
    > >> Broadcom specific, not really AMBA standard. How do you see it?
    > >>
    > > It might not Broadcom specific as EPROM core seems to be CoreLink one
    > > core and maybe is arm-developed. But it isn't documented publicly and we
    > > don't know yet if it is obligatory for all amba (or at least axi)
    > > interconnects or not.
    >
    > Maybe EPROM is not Broadcom specific, but I suspect the content we
    > deal with in bcmai/axi is Broadcom specific. I didn't see any notes of
    > manuf/id/rev/class we deal with. So I guess everything *we* (out
    > driver) read from EPROM is Bcm specific.

    Played around amba registers on bcm4716. For all amba cores present
    (under all I mean broadcom ip core agents, oob router core, erom core,
    and other I-dont-know-what-for cores present at 0x18100000). All those
    feature AMBA_CID (0xb105f00d) as PrimeCell ID, and slightly different
    PrimeCell PeripheralIDs:
    * vendor 0xBB, part_number 0x368 for broadcom cores' agents;
    * vendor 0xBB, part_number 0x367 for OOB router core (don't ask me wth
    is this please);
    * vendor 0xBB, part_number 0x366 for EROM core;

    ARM vendor id is 0x41. Might 0xBB is Broadcom vendor id but I've found
    no evidence for that with google.

    Have nice day,
    George

      Last update: 2011-04-15 20:43    [W:0.045 / U:60.496 seconds]