    SubjectRe: status: establishing a PGP web of trust
    On Sunday, October 02, 2011, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
    > On 10/01/2011 02:33 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    > >
    > > OK, how long should the new key be valid?
    > >
    > That is a good question. At the very least you want it to be valid for
    > long enough that you will be able to get enough signatures on a new key
    > *before* your old key expires. As such I would recommend 3-5 years
    > depending on how much you trust yourself to keep the key secure.

    OK, I'm taking this as "5 years is fine by us". :-)

    And the recommended procedure for rotating keys seems to be (1) generate
    a new key and (2) make as many people as you can sign it before the old
    one expires, right?

    > Some people have decided to opt for an unlimited key, but that
    > *requires* that you have a way to revoke the old key, which is why we
    > are considering a key revocation escrow service.

    That service will be necessary anyway in case some keys are lost or

    I wonder what the procedure of restoring access in case one
    has lost keys is supposed to be?

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-10-02 03:05    [W:0.019 / U:95.060 seconds]