SubjectRe: cpqphp: NULL ptr deref in cpqhpc_probe
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 11:24:22 +0200
Jiri Slaby <> wrote:

> Hi,
> we have a system where there is a pci hotplug class device to be handled
> by cpqphp, but it is not a bridge. But in cpqhpc_probe there is:
> struct pci_bus *bus;
> bus = pdev->subordinate;
> bus->max_bus_speed = PCI_SPEED_66MHz_PCIX;
> But as it is not a bridge, subordinate is NULL and the kernel crashes.
> Any idea what would be a correct fix here?
> The bugzilla entry is at:

I don't think we have anyone actively working on CPQHPC these days.
Seems like the simple patch would be to check whether pdev->subordinate
or bus exists before using it... Have you poked around for specs on
this at all?