SubjectRe: [RFC] Unify KVM kernel-space and user-space code into a single project
On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 09:13, Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:
> The suckage of kernel async IO is for similar reasons: there's an ugly package
> separation problem between the kernel and between glibc

Bollocks. glibc would use (and is using) everything the kernel provides. We even have an implementation using the current AIO code. It only works in some situations but that's what the few users are OK with.

Don't try to blame anyone but kernel people for the complete and utter failure of AIO in Linux. I don't know how often I've discussed design of a kernel interface with various kernel developers. Heck, whenever Zach Brown and I meet there never is a different topic. And following these meetings the ball is not and cannot be in my court. How could it?

  Last update: 2010-03-18 19:27    [W:0.370 / U:0.240 seconds]