SubjectRe: [RFC] Unify KVM kernel-space and user-space code into a single project
On 03/18/2010 06:13 PM, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> Currently there's a wall between kernel developers and user-space developers,
> and there's somewhat of an element of fear and arrogance on both sides. For
> efficient technology such walls needs torn down and people need a bit more
> experience with each other's areas.

I think you're increasing the height of that wall by arguing that a
userspace project cannot be successful because it's development process
sucks and the only way to fix it is to put it into the kernel where
people know so much better. Instead we kernel developers should listen
to requirements from users, even if their code isn't in tools/.

  Last update: 2010-03-18 17:59    [W:0.536 / U:0.656 seconds]