SubjectRe: Forked android kernel development from linux kernel mainline
From
On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 20:03:48 -0400
> "Ted Ts'o" <tytso@mit.edu> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 04:52:26PM -0700, david@lang.hm wrote:
>> > also, none of these other patches resulted in device drivers
>> > developed for a distro being incompatible with mainline.
>>
>> What, people can't delete a couple of single lines of code before
>> submitting the device driver upstream to mainline?
>
> I've always wondered that but never seen a good answer from the Android
> people as to why they don't push the stuff without the wakelock bits and
> just keep "add wakelock" patches for those as they do for the core kernel
> stuff they hack about.

I think the developers target for andriod kernel more than the
mainline.The biggest point of the hour is whether the device works for
Android Eclair, Android Froyo and not the see their patches in linux
kernel unfortunately.

Regards,
Ram.

  Last update: 2010-11-07 01:23    [W:1.417 / U:0.308 seconds]