    SubjectRe: [RFC/PATCH v6 05/12] media: Reference count and power handling
    On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 03:28:12AM +0100, Laurent Pinchart wrote:

    > If the entity is of node type, the power change is distributed to
    > all connected entities. For non-nodes it only affects that very
    > node. A mutex is used to serialise access to the entity graph.

    ASoC has its own power management stuff which doesn't *quite* map onto
    this one as-is. The power determination stuff is essentially identical
    (and this is actually nicer) but we have a separate postprocessing stage
    that actually applies the changes in a sequence which minimises audible
    issues caused by doing things in a bad order (eg, power down a PGA
    before you turn off inputs). This is noddy enough to implement, though
    - we just need a pre and post run notifications to set up and implement
    the changes I think.

    BTW, I notice you've not CCed the ALSA list, Liam, Takashi or Jaroslav
    on any of this - might be good.

      Last update: 2010-11-25 14:51    [W:0.019 / U:0.868 seconds]