SubjectQuestion: how to copy to user space from a tasklet
[Sorry to have to ask this here - I can't find any driver-specific
newsgroup or mailing lists - are there any??]

I have a driver which needs to copy device data direct to user space
from a tasklet. I need to do this because the device is continuously
DMA'ing into user space, with no user intervention, so the user isn't
waiting for data. In other words, I don't have any user-associated
process to wake up.

This means that I have to somehow copy the data directly to the user
from the tasklet, without sleeping, and without direct access to user
context. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks

Tom

  Last update: 2010-10-14 12:45    [W:0.049 / U:1.860 seconds]