    Subjectdefkeymap making machine useless (was Re: HTC Dream aka. t-mobile g1 support)
    Hi!

    Debate is about keymaps:

    Ok, I created something useful in the meantime. Question is, what to
    do with the new keymap? I can obviously keep it at local patch,
    but...

    PC defkeymap.map makes HTC Dream useless.

    HTC Dream defkeymap.map makes PC useless :-(.

    > > Yeah, I wasn't sure how to handle this. We try to keep the msm/dream
    > > stuff in a state that doesn't break other parts of the tree, but there
    > > doesn't seem to be support for different keymaps for different
    > > devices.
    >
    > How it's supposed to work is that you have a specific keyboard driver
    > and that emits PC keyboard codes into the core kernel using a
    > translation table in your driver.

    Of course, Dream does that. But that's not _nearly_ enough. Dream
    lacks keys such as: esc, arrows, symbols (/;'[]\-=). That means that
    for +, you can't press shift-=, you need to press altgr-P.

    So yes, mapping keycodes helps (at least you get a-z,0-9), but that's
    basically it, and keys it has are not enough to actually type loadkeys
    /foo/bar/baz.map :-(.

    Pavel

      Last update: 2009-06-19 01:09    [W:0.021 / U:31.600 seconds]