SubjectI have ported linux onto a new architure (trimedia)
From
Hi friends,
I am happy to tell you that I have ported linux onto a new architure --
trimedia. I called this project tmlinux. Now tmlinux includes a linux
kernel, a uclibc, a busybox and a toolchain wrapper. I have validated the
whole system using LTP. Nearly all of the cases passed.
TriMedia is a VLIW Mediaprocessor family from NXP Semiconductors
(formerly Philips Semiconductors). The main challenge of porting linux to
trimedia is that gcc does not support TriMedia at all. the only available
compiler for trimedia is tmcc, which can not recognise any gcc extension
options. To compile the linux kernel and uclibc, I used a CIL (C
intermedia language) to translate gcc extension options to C99 standard
source code, and then compile it using tmcc. The result proves that it
works OK.
I am happy to share my work to linux world. You can get the whole
source code through the following URLs:
http://tmlinux.googlecode.com -- for uclibc, busybox, toolchain wrapper,
cil, ltp and so on. It is the portal of tmlinux.
git clone git://github.com/camelguo/linux-2.6-trimedia.git -- for linux
kernel source code for trimedia.

Any feedback is welcome.

By the way, I am not in the list, please CC to camelguo@gmail.com when
reply

Thanks a lot.

--
Guo Hongruan, Embedded Linux Consultant
Mobile: +86-0-13484056007

  Last update: 2009-06-13 10:11    [W:0.034 / U:0.060 seconds]