SubjectRe: [TuxOnIce-devel] [RFC] TuxOnIce
Kenneth Crudup wrote:
> Oh, and I can hit "ESC" in the middle of suspending with TuxOnIce and
> back out of it if I'd changed my mind for whatever reason.
>
> There are(/were) competing ieee1394 OHCI drivers and competing Bluetooth
> USB HCI drivers, and that's just off the top of my head- so having
> competing suspend/resume methods won't be anything new. Let the market
> decide which is best.

The case of two 1394 driver stacks isn't fully comparable. I supported
the addition of the second stack with the intent to replace the existing
one after a transition period, and in the hope that the ratio of
available maintainer manpower : size and complexity of the codebase
would improve considerably. Because that was/is the single fundamental
problem in Linux 1394 driver land.

(Besides, how well is infrastructure like the suspend--resume framework
comparable to drivers?)
--
Stefan Richter

  Last update: 2009-05-09 11:15    [W:0.075 / U:8.936 seconds]