Subjectlinux-next: state of the trees
Hi all,

Given that the release of 2.6.29 and the new merge window is rapidly
approaching, I though I would see what sort of summary I could give of
what is currently in linux-next (and presumably what is destined for
2.6.30).

I have put up two files at
http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/sfr/linux-next/next-20090305-{summary,diffstat}
(as well as compressed versions as they are a bit large for the mailing
lists. I chose next-20090305 since it is the first release after
2.6.29-rc7.

The summary from the diffstat looks like this:

4711 files changed, 646856 insertions(+, 216616 deletions(-)

Below is a summary of the state of each tree - the numbers following the
name are the total number of outstanding commits (relative to all the
preceding trees) and the number after doing "git patch-id" matching with
Linus' tree and all the previous trees. Thus the order of the trees
makes a difference to the numbers. No numbers means the tree is empty
relative to all the preceding trees.

The numbers for the kvm tree may be skewed a bit due to the way the tree
is maintained and its patches are sent to Linus.

The v4l-dvb tree is not reflected in the diffstat file above since it
was dropped because of build failures.

origin (Linus' tree)
(These are just outstanding fixes for 2.6.29)
arm-current
m68k-current
powerpc-merge
sparc-current
scsi-rc-fixes
net-current
sound-current
pci-current
wireless-current 2 2
kbuild-current
driver-core.current
usb.current
cpufreq-current
input-current
md-current
audit-current
crypto-current
dwmw2
(From here on down are 2.6.30 candidate changes)
arm 65 65
avr32 2 2
blackfin
cris
ia64
m68k 6 6
m68knommu 33 33
mips
parisc
powerpc 95 94
4xx
galak 5 4
pxa 42 31
s390 49 49
sh 36 36
sparc
x86 513 505
xtensa
driver-core 52 49
usb 66 65
tip-core 42 42
cpus4096 3 3
tracing 179 169
genirq 17 17
safe-poison-pointers 4 4
sched 19 19
stackprotector
timers 5 3
pci 34 33
device-mapper 5 5
hid 9 9
i2c 15 15
jdelvare-hwmon 11 11
kernel-doc 1 1
v4l-dvb 368 367
quota 28 27
jfs 5 5
kbuild
ide 160 160
libata 19 19
nfs 43 43
xfs 41 24
infiniband 25 25
acpi 65 65
nfsd 28 27
ieee1394 112 94
ubi 1 1
kvm 1727 519
dlm 7 7
scsi 48 48
ocfs2 29 20
ext4 22 22
async_tx 15 15
udf 11 11
net 1239 1234
wireless 23 23
mtd
crypto 20 20
vfs
sound 315 314
cpufreq 34 34
v9fs 1 0
rr 101 100
cifs 10 10
mmc 3 1
gfs2 16 16
input 13 13
bkl-removal 4 4
ubifs 2 2
lsm
block
embedded
firmware 8 7
pcmcia
battery 3 3
leds 10 10
backlight 5 5
kgdb 1 1
slab 14 13
uclinux
md 23 23
mfd 21 10
hdlc
drm 34 34
voltage 42 23
security-testing 68 68
lblnet 1 1
ttydev 6 5
agp
kmemcheck 56 56
generic-ipi
oprofile
fastboot
sparseirq
iommu 34 34
uwb
watchdog 17 16
proc 11 11
bdev
dwmw2-iommu
cputime
osd 24 8
fatfs
fuse
jc_docs 1 1
nommu
trivial 23 22
audit
squashfs
omap 23 23
aoe
kmemleak 14 14
staging 403 403
scsi-post-merge

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au

  Last update: 2009-03-06 05:59    [W:0.046 / U:0.068 seconds]