    Subjectthreaded irq handler thread doesn't run
    From
    Hello!

    I noticed that the thread of a threaded irq doesn't run if the interrupt
    is disabled: I have a semi-broken system with 2 carddetect interrupts,
    both are supposed to be edge-triggered, but due to broken PLD they
    continue screaming as long as their trigger condition is met. To work
    around this, the triggering one is disabled while the other gets enabled;
    disabling occurs in the "fast" handler, enabling in the threaded handler:

    static irqreturn_t threadfn(irq, ctx)
    {
    enable_irq(irq == cd1int ? cd2int : cd1int);
    }

    static irqreturn_t fastint(irq, ctx)
    {
    disable_irq_nosync(irq);
    return IRQ_WAKE_THREAD;
    }
    request_threaded_irq(cd1int, fastint, threadfn, 0, "insert", ctx);
    request_threaded_irq(cd2int, fastint, threadfn, 0, "eject", ctx);

    In kernel/irq/manage.c::irq_thread(), the thread func isn't run
    if the irq has been disabled; is there a way around this?
    (removing that restriction completely solves it for me, but I
    doubt this is acceptable for others).

    Thanks!
    Manuel Lauss

      Last update: 2009-11-01 14:07    [W:0.030 / U:0.120 seconds]