    SubjectRe: Q: state of pci express hotplug
    Hi Eric,

    On Saturday 31 January 2009, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
    > Trying to use the current pciehp code, on real hardware in an
    > interesting topology (more later) I'm not finding it very satisfactory
    > at all. I am up to at least three show stopper bugs and the code
    > is not doing what I really need it to do, so I am looking at a significant
    > rewrite patch effort to make this code usable.
    > Am I unique in thinking there is a lot that needs to be done?
    > Is there current work in progress to make the pci hotplug work better?
    > I would like to avoid duplicate work if I can.

    I've recently send some fixes against the PCIe port driver which is used by
    PCIe hotplug. In particular, there's a fix that should make the thing work
    with MSI-X.

    Are your fixes specific to the hotplug driver or do they also affect the PCIe
    port driver?

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-01-31 19:17    [W:0.021 / U:12.296 seconds]