SubjectRe: Q: state of pci express hotplug
Hi Eric,

On Saturday 31 January 2009, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> Trying to use the current pciehp code, on real hardware in an
> interesting topology (more later) I'm not finding it very satisfactory
> at all. I am up to at least three show stopper bugs and the code
> is not doing what I really need it to do, so I am looking at a significant
> rewrite patch effort to make this code usable.
> Am I unique in thinking there is a lot that needs to be done?
> Is there current work in progress to make the pci hotplug work better?
> I would like to avoid duplicate work if I can.

I've recently send some fixes against the PCIe port driver which is used by
PCIe hotplug. In particular, there's a fix that should make the thing work
with MSI-X.

Are your fixes specific to the hotplug driver or do they also affect the PCIe
port driver?