SubjectQ: state of pci express hotplug

Trying to use the current pciehp code, on real hardware in an
interesting topology (more later) I'm not finding it very satisfactory
at all. I am up to at least three show stopper bugs and the code
is not doing what I really need it to do, so I am looking at a significant
rewrite patch effort to make this code usable.

Am I unique in thinking there is a lot that needs to be done?
Is there current work in progress to make the pci hotplug work better?

I would like to avoid duplicate work if I can.

Eric