    Hi all,

    I've just released Linux

    The patch and changelog will appear soon at the following locations:

    Git repository:

    Git repository through the gitweb interface:

    This release fixes several minor security issues and a few not other issues.
    There's normally no emergency to upgrade, but I wanted to flush the patch
    queue. I've also fixed an uninitialized variable in the sky2 backport. It
    might have caused random trouble to some users.

    Given that most distros today ship with a version of GCC which is not
    compatible with kernel 2.4, I have added a small documentation explaining
    how to build an older GCC when you only have a newer one. Building a
    stripped-down GCC only takes between 1 and 2 minutes on recent machines,
    so it's really worth it. This doc does not cover cross-compilation.

    For those interested, please check Documentation/using-newer-gcc.txt.

    Summary of changes from v2.4.36.6 to v2.4.36.7

    David S. Miller (1):
    sctp: Make sure N * sizeof(union sctp_addr) does not overflow (CVE-2008-2826)

    Eugene Teo (1):
    wan: Missing capability checks in sbni_ioctl() (CVE-2008-3525)

    Florin Malita (1):
    [PPPOE]: Missing result check in __pppoe_xmit().

    Gilbert Ashley Gilbert (1):
    udf: fix uid/gid permissions

    Herbert Xu (1):
    net pppoe: Check packet length on all receive paths

    Stephen Hemminger (1):
    ipv6: use timer pending

    Vlad Yasevich (2):
    sctp: Do not leak memory on multiple listen() calls
    sctp: Allow only 1 listening socket with SO_REUSEADDR

    Willy Tarreau (4):
    doc: explain how to build a suitable gcc in Documentation/using-newer-gcc.txt
    sound: fix warning due to incorrect error code checking in ad1889
    sky2: fix uninitialized "mss" variable in sky2_xmit_frame()
    Change VERSION to

    Xiong Wu (1):
    Correct the upto value during list conntrack information

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-09-07 12:33    [W:0.021 / U:13.536 seconds]