SubjectRe: [patch 2/2] PNP: don't check disabled PCI BARs for conflicts in quirk_system_pci_resources()

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008, Rene Herman wrote:

> Yes, I also get that oops but other than that, both link order versions you
> sent out work -- ie, booting with acpi=noirq gets me to a functional system
> with the quirk having run for PNP0c02 (acpi=off disables all of PNP0c02) and
> doing its job.

Ok. But that means that the last patch I sent out - the one that _only_
changes the order for PnP itself, and moves pnpacpi_init and pnpbios_init
to be fs_initcalls - should also work, and have none of he other
interactions. Yes?

> For some reason only some of your messages seem to be making it into my inbox
> (in order, at least) but either of these that is:
>
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/9/30/242
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/9/30/261

Don't know why you can't see the messages, but in case this one comes
through but not the other ones, look at the third patch in

http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/9/30/283

instead.

Linus

  Last update: 2008-09-30 21:47    [W:0.131 / U:0.828 seconds]