Subjectlinux object file containing all kernel symbols and suitable for userspace linking?
Is there an object file generated by the kernel build process just
before vmlinuz and arch/x86/boot/bzImage are created that contains all
the requisite kernel symbols to complete compilation? I understand
that such an object file wouldn't make a lot of sense to keep around,
because at the point at which such a file were able to be generated
the compilation process could just be completed instead. If it's not
available is there some easy way to generate it? I am trying to test
some kernel code I wrote, and I wanted to test it by running it in
userspace by linking it to a *.o file with a main() function (just to
test out various API facilities; i.e. unit tests). This is so I can
use the API provided by the kernel without having to rewrite it for
userspace. User-Mode Linux won't work for this because the code in
question relies on some architecture specific features and thread
flags of x86, but I guess the approach would probably similar to what
UML uses.

Is there some simple way to do this?

Thanks,
Daniel

  Last update: 2008-09-28 04:59    [W:0.061 / U:0.252 seconds]