SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] binfmt_som.c: add MODULE_LICENSE
On Sat, Aug 09, 2008 at 06:55:11PM -0600, Grant Grundler wrote:
> Someone from HP needs to ACK this patch since I believe HP funded the code
> changes made during the parisc-linux port. This should be a no-brainer
> and I expect Bdale Garbee can quickly take care of this.

I actually did the work here, it was derived heavily from binfmt_elf
and binfmt_aout; had it not been GPL-licensed, it would not have been
distributable. Also, I believe I did this work before joining Linuxcare,
so I don't believe HP has any claim to it at all. You'd have to check
CVS history to be sure. Oh, and even if HP does have a claim to it
through Linuxcare, HP's contract required all changes made by Linuxcare
to be contributed upstream. So three different reasons why this code
being GPL is required.

a retrograde step."

  Last update: 2008-08-10 03:03    [W:0.080 / U:0.816 seconds]