    SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] binfmt_som.c: add MODULE_LICENSE
    On Sat, Aug 09, 2008 at 06:55:11PM -0600, Grant Grundler wrote:
    > Someone from HP needs to ACK this patch since I believe HP funded the code
    > changes made during the parisc-linux port. This should be a no-brainer
    > and I expect Bdale Garbee can quickly take care of this.

    I actually did the work here, it was derived heavily from binfmt_elf
    and binfmt_aout; had it not been GPL-licensed, it would not have been
    distributable. Also, I believe I did this work before joining Linuxcare,
    so I don't believe HP has any claim to it at all. You'd have to check
    CVS history to be sure. Oh, and even if HP does have a claim to it
    through Linuxcare, HP's contract required all changes made by Linuxcare
    to be contributed upstream. So three different reasons why this code
    being GPL is required.

    a retrograde step."

      Last update: 2008-08-10 03:03    [W:0.019 / U:0.316 seconds]